Wednesday, March 4, 2015

DIY Wednesday:Family/Household Binder


I have been wanting to make a family/household binder for a while, but I could never remember to pick up a binder when I was out, but today I remembered! I've seen some very detailed binders out there with every checklist you could imagine, but I wanted to keep it simple and only pick out the ones I know I would use regularly. So I'm going to give you a tutorial on the simple family binder I made.

The supplies you will need is:
-1" binder
-page protectors
-free printables which I'll link below
-pencils/pens (I prefer pencils because I change my mind a lot)
-optional:mini calendar planner
1" binder. I thought I would go with a fun color!


I found those cute mechanical pencils and the mini 2 year planner in the dollar section of Target! Thanks to the gracious and definitely crafty ladies of I Heart Organizing and Thirty Handmade Days I was able to get some really cute (and free) printables.Unfortunately we only have black ink in our printer right now, but usually these would have amazing color on them.

Here is how I organized my binder:
-Year At A Glance Calendar
-A Peek At The Week
-Meals For This Month
-Grocery List
-Our Family Home Projects
-My Fabulous Blog Ideas
I stuck my mini planner in the front inside pocket for easy access and clipped the pencil to the top ring on the inside of the binder so it will always be handy. If you have a hole punch handy you can leave out the page protctors, but I wanted to try to keep the pages clean and hopefully protected from little hands! :)


These ladies have a ton more free printables on their site, but I just stuck with the basics for now. I figured I needed to do this now more than ever because I missed my dentist appointment last week because I did not write it down! With two small children my brain feels like scrambled eggs most of the time and it seems like I cannot remember anything anymore, so to have a centralized location where I can write down everything I need to remember should do wonders for me!

I'm sure I'll add more to it later, but I'm excited to try this out!
Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe for email updates! You can also follow me on Instagram :)

This post is linked up here:


makeovers & motherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment