Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Honest Company "Health and Wellness" Bundle



After signing up for the Honest Company's Essentials bundle and literally loving every product I received, I decided to try their Health and Wellness bundle for our vitamins which is also $35.95. I was getting ready to run out of my prenatal vitamins and Natalie was coming up on 6 months which is the age they can start taking their baby and toddler powder vitamin so I thought it would be a good time. Plus, if you have two bundles going on at one time you get free shipping on both bundles, but they dont have to ship on the same date! In my first bundle I received the Honest Co. Prenatal Complete One A Day and the Honest Co. Baby and Toddler Multipowder. 
What drew me to those prenatal vitamins was the fact that they contain probiotics and iron. Before I was taking a prental, an iron supplement, and a probiotic, so it was nice that all of that was combined into one. Also, the ingredients in the prenatal vitamin are excellent. I had been taking a gummy prenatal vitamin because I am not good at swallowing pills and every prenatal I had taken before had iron in it which would make me very nauseous, but I did not like that they had high fructose corn syrup as a main ingredient.
The Honest Co. Prenatal

So to make it simple I'll make a pros and cons list of my personal opinion on the Honest Co. Prenatal.
PRO:

  • Mostly everything I need in one pill
  • Only have to take one a day
  • Vanilla coated so it doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth
  • Great ingredients
  • Come in a glass container
CON:
  • They are big pills, so if your like me and have a hard time swallowing pills they may not be the best choice
  • The iron in them still made me nauseous even though they also contain ginger and B6, but not as bad as normal prenatals
  • They do not contain DHA/Omega 3 like most prenatals do, so I had to buy a separate bottle of that
  • A little on the pricey side
So my overall consensus is that I am going to use up the bottle I have, but I don't think I will repurchase just because I am soooo sensitive to iron and taking pills that just that combination makes me feel nauseous every time. I will probably go back to my old regimine of the gummy prenatals even though I do not like their ingredients that much, but at least I know they don't make me sick!


Today was our first day of trying out the baby multipowder because Natalie is 6 months old today! I just mixed her rice cereal as normal and then mixed the packet of powder in with it. She at almost the whole bowl so I'm hoping she got enough of the vitamins in her! She seems to like it so I think we've found a winner there. I love the fact that it is a whole foods blend and also contains probiotics! I also love that are already individually packaged in the cute little packets!


My next Health and Wellnes bundle I have set to ship with 2 boxes of the Honest Co. Baby and Toddler Multipowder because each box contains 30 packets so that way we can make it through 2 months before having to order again!

If you would like to get $10 off your first Honest Co. bundle CLICK HERE!


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe to my email updates! You can also follow me on Instagram :)
This post is linked up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment