Monday, September 29, 2014

Potty Training Day 1

Today was our first official day of potty training. It went very well! We got off to a little bumpy start, but two little accidents later we were on our way. I'll tell you what I'm doing so that way if it works it might be an encouragement to other mommas trying to potty train and of it doesn't work you'll know what not to do! :)

This morning I got all of his underwear and put them in a little basket and let him choose which pair he wanted to wear (his  Disney character ones are his favorite). I then set a timer for 15 minutes and took him to try to potty when it would go off. The first two times I didn't set a timer because I thought I would keep track on my own the 15 minutes, but I didn't do very good so we had two accidents. That's when I decided I need a timer. He went potty every time I took him all day except twice and even went #2! I put a diaper on him for nap time and he wasn't real wet when he woke up so maybe in a day or two we will adventure into that. Tomorrow I'm going to increase the time to 20 minutes and eventually one day this week work up to him telling me when he needs to go. 
I did get most of the cleaning done I wanted to, but having to stop what I was doing every 15 minutes kept me a little distracted, but I feel I've started the week of on a high note so it gives me hope for the rest of the week! We are planning a little trip on Saturday so that gives me something to look forward to and "work" for. 
I didn't take any pictures today which I was wanting to do better at that, but I'll leave you with a cute throwback picture of Maddox :)

How did you potty train your little ones?

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment