Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunny Days


Today was absolutely beautiful outside! It's so much easier to wake up when the sun comes shining through the window. Natalie is on the best sleep routine at night which is awesome because Maddox woke every hour on the hour just about for the first 15 months of his life. She usually goes to bed between 8:30pm and 9pm and then sleeps until about 3:30am or 4am and then wakes for the day around 8am. We have started using her one size pocket diapers at night because the newborn diapers won't last all those hours she sleeps.

Speaking of cloth diapers, we have had a time with the prefolds and covers. Last week she broke out in a terrible rash around her belly button and thighs
Some days it looked worse. The pediatrician said it was an allergic reaction to something. At first I thought it was the Pampers I had been using that I had left over from the hospital, but then I noticed it would get worse when I'd use the prefolds and covers. Now I think it was the tide detergent I was using to wash the diapers in. I washed the prefolds and covers twice in a free and clear detergent, but they stil caused her to break out. So, I'm not sure if they still have Tide in them or if it's something with the diapers. I rewashed all of the newborn AIOs in free and clear just to be safe, so now we are using those and one size pockets. 

I've been reading a book called "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...and It's All Small Stuff".

It basically gives you tips on how to not let little things ruin your day and how to handle frustrating situations. It also says the two rules to living a more peaceful life is #1: Don't sweat the small stuff & #2: To remember it's all small stuff. Since I'm at home with a tenacious two year old all day I have my fair share of frustrating situations. I want to focus less on the negative in life and more on the positive and also parent my children in a positive way. I am thankful that Maddox is the oldest child because he is very strong willed. He definitely gives me a run for my money!

We went for a stroll through the neighborhood today for the first time with two babies. It felt good to get out of the house even just for a few minutes. 
We ended the day watching the movie Planes,which Maddox seemed to enjoy and I enjoyed getting to snuggle up with him because he was actually sitting still! Now time to cuddle up with my littlest baby and enjoy my evening quiet time!

How do you handle "the small stuff" in your life??

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment