Friday, September 12, 2014

She's Here!


Introducing Natalie Rose! She was born September 3rd and was 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5in long!
                                     
Things have definitely been a little crazy around here, so blog posts got put on the back burner. I plan to post her birth story soon! She is perfect from head to toe and we are loving being a family of 4 now! Maddox has done so well being a big brother. He loves giving her hugs and kisses. He also sleeps through her crying at night which was my biggest concern for him!
Monday was my first day being home all day with both kids by myself and it has actually went smoothly. I think babysitting helped Maddox and I out tremendously! He has done good understanding that I can't always jump up and get things for him immediately.

Big brother holding his sister for the first time!

We also celebrating Maddox's 2nd birthday last week! We had a small party for him at our house with family and then we went to a place nearby that has all kinds of bouncy houses, so he had a blast! It is going to be crazy from now on with their birthdays only being two days apart. I plan to do something special on their individual birthday, but we will probably have combined birthday parties.
What a difference a year makes!

 We have been partially cloth diapering since we have been home because I only have 10 AIO and the majority of our newborn stash is prefolds and covers and those seem to rub her umbilical stump too much. So, I have been using disposables that were given to me to use between washes. Once her stump falls off we will be able to cloth diaper 100 percent. She also has been nursing like a champ since day one, which makes me so happy. I couldn't imagine not getting to nurse her. I honestly enjoy nursing my babies and I would hate to have to buy formula considering how expensive it is! We have been co-sleeping the past week, which i told myself over and over I wouldn't do this time, but she sleeps 4-5 hours straight in our bed. She will only sleep an hour or two in her little rock n play. I just don't know if I would be able to function the next day waking every hour or so throughout the night.

We are just beyond blessed with our two babies! It's always bittersweet when the day comes to an end because I know my little newborn will be another day older and grow a little more! It's such a joy to watch children grow and learn new things, but they seem to grow up in a blink of an eye!

-Hannah










No comments:

Post a Comment