Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day!

What a busy week we have had again! Yesterday, Bryan, Maddox, and I traveled two hours away for Bryan to take his national portion of his real estate agent exam again. He passed the state portion on the first try, but this would be his third time taking the national portion. Maddox and I found a mall nearby to hang out at while he took his test. The mall was very small, but it did have a huge TJ Maxx attached to it, so we spent most of the time in there. I found an Ergo carrier for $60!! If you know anything about Ergos, you will know they usually cost around $120! I have been wanting one for a long time, but never had $120 extra to buy one. I was planning on looking at the consignment sales in August for one for about $50-$60, but I knew the chances of finding one that cheap was slim. This was definitely not on my necessity list, but for that price I could not pass it up.
Pretty excited about this!

Thankfully, for Bryan third time was the charm and he passed his national exam. Now, he is on his way to being a real estate agent if it be God's will! After we came back I squeezed in a quick nap before heading off to work. 

Today was a beautiful fourth of July day. Although Maddox won't stay awake long enough to watch any fireworks, we had a fun day of water play! Bryan did not have to work until this evening, so we spent part of the day at our local. This is Maddox's third time at the public pool and he wants to stay and play longer each time. I thought it would be extremely crowded because of the holiday, but it wasn't at all. It was very nice and thankfully there were some other well behaved kids there for Maddox to play with. We then stopped by the dollar store because I saw small plastic pools sitting outside. I was needing one for an activity for vacation bible school at our church in a couple weeks, but I also thought Maddox would get some good use out of it too. 

We went home and had some dinner before Bryan headed off to work. I had him fill up the little pool before he left and after he left Maddox and I went outside and played in it for a while. Maddox just wanted to stay on the outside of it for a while and then he finally ended up all the way in. His favorite part I think was filling up a cup and throwing water on me! To be 8 months pregnant outside in July, I didn't mind one bit!
Before he got all the way in!
How did you celebrate Independence Day??

-Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment