Wednesday, July 16, 2014

This & That

*Warning: This blog post is all over the place! :)*


It feels good to be back! Our computer has been broken for the last week or so and is still being repaired. So, right now I am using our IPad for everything computer related. I thought using the IPad would be more difficult to write blog posts with so I skipped out on a few days there and then we went to visit some of Bryan's family in Maryland for a few days. I missed "journaling" about my day everyday, so I thought I would try using Blogger with the IPad and it is really the same as the computer which is awesome!

I can't even remember where I left off, but I'll do a quick update of the last week! I am now 33 weeks pregnant, which is just mind blowing. The summer is flying by so fast and I feel like I haven't slowed down long enough to enjoy it! I had an ultrasound last Thursday and Baby Natalie looked great! She weighed in at 4.5 LBS and was head down! She just needs to get a little chunkier before making her big debut. We also had bible camp everyday last week, which was a great opportunity for Maddox to get out and play with kids and have daily bible lesson! He had a blast and always fell asleep as soon as we got in the car.

Then, on Friday we left for Maryland to visit Bryan's grandparents and dad. I'd like to say it was a nice little getaway, but it didn't turn out that way. Maddox rarely sleeps anywhere, but in his own bed so he would not take a nap during the day and would wake up about every hour crying at night! I felt so bad for him because I knew we were just kind of stuck there and there wasn't anything I could do for him. We had planned to leave early Monday morning, but because Maddox was very irritable and sleep deprived and we we're sleep deprived we ended up leaving about midday on Sunday. Maddox and I both are "home-bodies" so we were really excited to get home!

And as always it takes some time after returning from a trip to get everything unpacked, washed, and back in our normal groove. So, today was the first "normal" day, since last week sometime! I've really gotten to take the time to enjoy a nice breezy summer day today!  

My living room on Tuesday! Chaos!
My living room today, much better!
Our electric and water/sewer bills have been fairly high the last few months, not what they should be for it to be summer! So, I told myself and Bryan that starting we were going to make a more conscious effort to conserve as much electricity and water as we can like quicker showers, unplugging things we aren't using, line drying clothes as much as we can, only using the air conditioning when we absolutely have to, keeping the lights off as much as possible, etc. When I started becoming more aware of doing these things I realized how much water and electricity we do "waste" everyday, but today I've opened up all the windows and it's breezy outside and not to hot so it has felt really nice in the house! I hope we will see a change in our bills by doing this. It will make the extra effort well worth it if it saves us some money!


What do you do to help lower your utility bills? Any suggestions?

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment