Friday, April 20, 2018

Old Love

Today was a pretty low key day! I’ve had so many crazy days lately that I’ve come to really enjoy and appreciate those routine days.

I started off the morning by getting my hair trimmed which ended up being more of a hair cut. I got 3 inches cut off my hair because the ends were so dead! I guess that’s what happens when you go 2 years without getting it trimmed or cut! 

It was fairly warm so I hung our comforter over the porch to dry. I don’t miss many things from our old house but one thing I do miss is my clothes line. I really think hanging clothes on a line is therapeutic for the soul! 



My goal over the next few days is to get back to reading more stories to the kids & playing with them at least a little while every day. Taking the time to do that I feel like takes my mind off of self & pours that energy into someone else. I know the kids would love that, but as adults I think we feel like whatever we have to do is more important than those things. 

I did something a little crazy today & brought back out our cloth diapers. I put them away when Canaan was around 6 months old & sold a lot of them because honestly I didn’t want to deal with the poo! We switched to the Honest Company disposables and have loved them, but now that I’m trying to get back to the Simple life again I’m trying to remember what I did back then. And one of those things was cloth diapering! I still had some of my favorite prefolds and covers left so I washed those up so I can start using them again! I’ll probably still use the Honest diapers when we go out places, but I remember how using cloth diapers helped to slow me down & every time I changed a diaper it reminded me of the Simple life back in the old days before disposables! 

For dinner, we had a Home Chef meal. This is our second week of doing these and I’ve really enjoyed them! This is Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin. 

We ended the evening by going to our church’s RU program. We love going there to help out those in addictions & strongholds & it’s also good for our own selves to learn & grow in Jesus! 

I’m going to try to get more pictures of the kids tomorrow to add, but I’ll leave one at the bottom from a while ago. Tomorrow we have our church ladies banquet which will be nice! 




No comments:

Post a Comment