Monday, April 23, 2018

Z is for Zebra

Today was a busy but productive day! We started out the morning with homeschooling. This week we are working on the letter Z! I am trying to up my homeschool game this week because we have slacked off a lot since the beginning of the year! We cut out all of the crafts and read alouds and were just focusing on math and reading. I could tell that was making Maddox find school pretty boring, so I went and restocked up on some arts and crafts supplies and went to the library to pick up some books on Zebras!

The kids were thrilled today when they got to paint and hear about African animals!

We also read the first chapter of Farmer Boy & copies a sentence out of it! I think this will will help him with his reading & writing skills. Doing this reminded me of why I originally started homeschooling which was to give him a more hands on, practical way of learning! Not just sitting and doing work sheets the whole time! I love the whole nature schooling, unschooling, farm schooling, etc approach because it gives them real life application to what their learning. I feel like that better prepares them for adult hood and gives them real life skills they can use their whole life. 

I’ve really been getting the itch to decorate our home lately! Our house is such a beautiful farmhouse that I feel like it needs all those cute farmhouse decor pieces to complete it! Hopefully, we can start incorporating some new pieces soon!
Here’s what it looks like right now:













I started putting Canaan in his cloth diapers today and of course he went #2 in both of the ones he had on! Oh the joys! I still love the way they look though! 







No comments:

Post a Comment