Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Anxiously Awaiting

Today and yesterday were good, normal days for Maddox and I. Poor Bryan has been working just about 7 days a weeks, all day for the last couple of weeks since he has started real estate and working his regular job too. We haven't seen much of him. Maddox has more than I have because he (thankfully) gets up with Maddox at 6:30 every morning and I usually sleep until he is about ready to leave at 8. I feel bad for not waking up earlier in the mornings, but I honestly don't think I would have the energy to make it through the day if I woke up any earlier at this point in pregnancy. Lugging around an extra 30+ pounds all day wears me out quick!

Yesterday, Maddox and I went to eat with my mom, sister, and niece and then spent the rest of the evening at my mom's house. Maddox went to bed as soon as we got home. He always plays hard at Mimi's house. 

Today, we stayed home all day except to go to the post office and run by the dollar store. I wanted to let Maddox pick out a few things to add to his Citrus Lane box to play with at the hospital when I have Natalie. It is going to be his special big brother box, so I'm hoping he forgets about what he picked out so it will seem new when he opens the box. 
His Citrus Lane box came with a set of Melissa & Doug wood blocks, which I had been wanting to get for him so that was great! It also came with some ice pack buddies, a really nice growth chart, and a bottle of organic lotion. Pretty good deal considering I only paid $9 this month! I left the block set in the box and then added what he picked out today which was:
-a sucker
-playdoh
-a car (of course)
-stickers
-coloring/ activity book with crayons
-chocolate candy
Maddox's Big Brother Box
I will let my mom give it to him at the hospital to hopefully send the signal to him that we haven't forgot about him and he still so very special to us.

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions all day. This evening they have been pretty frequent, but not painful. She has also slowed down on her activity level, but still moving good. Definitely having signs of imminent labor, but it still could be a while. I'm just getting to that point where I'm getting impatient, but I know the longer she stays in there the better. I just don't like that feeling of suspense of not knowing when I'll go into labor because it could be any minute or 2 weeks from now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so hopefully I've made some progress!
Maddox decided to line all of his cars along the window

Did you get impatient at the end of your pregnancy?? I thought with the second I would be more patient!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment