Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Counting Down!

I am now counting down the days until Baby Natalie arrives! I am technically 37 weeks and 2 days, but I really think my due date is closer to what they originally thought which was August 26th which would make me 38 weeks today. I guess we will see which one ends up being more accurate soon!
I am in full on nesting mode now. We have everything we need bought, but I still have a few things I want to clean before she arrives such as our carpets and furniture. Over the last two days I have crossed off several things on my "to do" list. I washed all of the bedding on our bed, vacuumed out the car, and installed her carseat. My mom and step dad came and put some new blinds up in our master bedroom and the kids' room last night which was a huge help!


I have also been doing better at taking my vitamins everyday, especially my iron and drinking at least one cup of red raspberry leaf tea, which is supposed to help tone the uterus for labor & delivery and supposedly help speed things along once you are in labor. I've also started going for walks and doing prenatal yoga everyday. I should have been doing all of this the whole pregnancy, but now that the time is getting closer I am really kicking it into high gear.

We have been talking more and more to Maddox about his big sister coming and where she is going to sleep and where she will ride in their double stroller. He's been pretty fascinated with her little basket of diapers I'm keeping next to her Rock N Play beside our bed. He gets them out and says, "Sister's diapers!" I decided to put her AIO diapers beside the bed because I figured during the middle of the night I wont want to deal with prefolds and covers and the AIOs have they stay dry material so she won't feel wet while she is sleeping.

This month is flying by! I thought I would have all the time in the world to do these last minute things, but the month is almost half gone! I am just trying to savor every minute with Maddox because I know these will be his last few days as our only child! It is very bittersweet, but like they say: "Love doesn't divide, it only multiples!"

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment