Monday, August 18, 2014

More Days Like Today

Today was great! It was a very rainy day outside, but thankfully that didn't put a damper on my or Maddox's mood. Friday, Maddox and I had what I call a rough day. I was overly tired and he wanted to do everything he knew he wasn't supposed to do and would not listen to a word I said. We went for two long walks (him in his stroller) because that was the only thing that was making him happy. Basically, we were both cranky all day and I'm pretty sure I cried a few times (thank you pregnancy hormones!) and it was just not a normal day. 

Today however was a whole different story. He was so well behaved and my hormones weren't taking me on a roller coaster ride! He just wanted to love on me and give hugs and kisses and of course I soaked up every minute of it! 
My mom got him this new tool set toy that has a little power drill that he can screw in little bolts with and a little hammer to hammer the nails and it has provided him with hours of entertainment today. 
He loves his power drill!
I also pulled out his counting bears today that I got for him at the consignment sale. I was planning on saving them until we started his homeschool preschool next year, but I thought he would enjoy playing with them now. I got out his little colored stacking cups so he could match the colors, but he enjoyed pouring them back and forth which is also a great fine motor skill activity too.

He liked pouring them out and putting them back in the tub as well.

He did so well at sorting the colors!
The rain eventually let up long enough for us to go outside for a walk and to play a little. I've been trying to walk everyday now since Natalie's head isn't engaged yet. I'm hoping to move her on down now so it will be less I have to do during labor!

This verse has really been on my mind alot lately and I'm thankful because I definitely need some encouragement here at the end of my pregnancy. It is Isaiah 40:31. I keep thinking how I want Natalie to come now because I'm getting really uncomfortable, feeling weak, and I want to meet her, but this verse reminds me that if I wait on the Lord and his timing for her to come He will renew my strength. Also, He knows the best time for her to come and I need to be patient.
Isaiah 40:31
I had this verse highlighted right beside of it, Isaiah 41:10. I thought this is a great verse to remember when I am in labor! It's just a great verse in general too!

Isaiah 41:10
Maddox went right to sleep after I read his book to him, which is always amazing when he goes to bed without too much fuss! I'm going to wrap up the evening with some pregnancy yoga and try to get to bed at a decent hour!

On a side note: I saw on pinterest that to clean the inside of your microwave easier you microwave a bowl of water with a couple tablespoons of vinegar mixed in for 5 minutes and the caked on food and gunk will come right of when you wipe it with a towel, so I thought I'd give it a try. It worked amazing! I have never been able to clean out my microwave that easy! So, I just thought I'd share that tip!

What verses were encouraging to you during pregnancy or labor??

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment