Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cleaning Carpets

Today was another productive day! My mom came over and helped me shampoo my carpet and furniture! Our carpets are terribly stained, which has happened just over the past year since Maddox has become mobile. I thought the shampooer would bring it all out, but no luck. At least I know it is clean though even though it is still stained. We have talked about replacing the carpet for a while because the type of carpet we have is not very soft or easy to clean, but we decided we should wait until we decide to sell the house or our kids are no longer spilling things all the time! This is probably my least favorite kind of carpet, but we will make do for now. 


As clean as our poor carpet is going to get!

I have also been back in the cloth diaper buying market again these past few days. For some reason I never feel like I have enough. I'm always wanting to try something new. I bought a Bumgenius Freetime, which I got in the mail today and of course had to try it right away. It seemed to work really well, but I'll have to try it a few more times to see if it makes my favorites list. I also purchased a couple more Bumgenius newborn diapers off eBay. Smart Bottoms was having their seconds sale today so I purchased one of their AIO 3.1 diapers in Finch which is a real pretty gray with yellow snaps and their newborn AIO diaper in Ella.

{via}
{via}

I have never tried their products because they are rather pricey, but with the seconds sale they weren't too bad. So, now I'll have 10 newborn AIOs for those night time changes, which should get me through 2 nights that way I can still wash diapers every other day like I have been doing.

We finished our evening by going to our church's business meeting and then Maddox headed straight for bed as soon as we got home.

I am so glad to be getting things checked off my "to do" list. I just hope she arrives on time because I am getting so anxious and excited for her to be here!

A couple more pics from the day!

Maddox doing his favorite thing; playing with cars!
I accidentally beheaded my Willow Tree figurine:(


How many cloth diapers do you have in your stash? Obviously I am having a hard time finding the perfect "number"!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment