Wednesday, October 15, 2014

6 Weeks Old!

We have made it to the six weeks postpartum mark! My little angel is growing up so fast! I had my six week check up today and everything has healed up nicely. We have had another typical day today which I love so I don't have too much to report. My dad always says, "no news is good news" and I find that true too. We just did our normal routine with a little less cleaning. Natalie had been a little more fussier than usual the past couple of days which I'm pretty sure it is because of some tummy troubles that will hopefully pass soon. So cleaning got traded in today for extra baby snuggles. I wish I could do that everyday, but it doesn't take long for my house to look turned upside down.
This was as happy as she got today, poor baby!
Bryan and I have started the Dave Ramsey way of becoming debt free. We haven't created a strict budget plan yet just because right now Bryan's income is fluctuating a lot, but we are following the "baby steps". We have completed #1 which is to save $1000 as quick as you can for an emergency fund. Now we are working on #2 which is to pay off debt from smallest to biggest excluding your mortgage. Thankfully we don't have very much debt other than our mortgage so it shouldn't take us very long to complete that step. We have already paid off the smallest and working on the next one. After we finish that we will be on to step #3 which is saving 3-6 months worth of income. There are 7 steps I believe, but I haven't read a lot past step 3. My goal one day (hopefully a 5-10 year goal) is to be completely debt free with no mortgage, car payment, etc. Hopefully we can become debt free before one of our cars kick the bucket because right now both of our cars are paid off. We have said we were going to do this before, but quit before we really got started. Now we are committed to it because we look at debt differently now and we also want to have a nice retirement one day Lord willing. 
"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." (Romans 13:8 KJV)

Any tips for becoming debt free??

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment