Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Breeze

Today was absolutely beautiful! I definitely needed a day like today. It was about 75* outside and breezy, just perfect. I actually got to hang my towels and diapers on the clothes line for the first time in over a week!
Maddox was my big helper all morning. He helped me clean up the house and do the laundry and hang the towels. I've found that the more involved I keep him in what I'm doing the less he is focused on me sitting in the floor playing with him. It's a win-win for both of us because he's getting the attention he needs and I'm getting housework done. While he napped I got on Pinterest and found this cute routine/chore chart. 
Print your own copy here
The sad part is he ripped it off the fridge and tore it apart before we ever got to use it (toddler moment). I had "laminated"  it with tape so he could take a dry erase marker and mark off each thing as he does it, but I guess I'm going to have to find a chore chart he can't rip up. I want to start implementing some responsibilities to him. Nothing real hard just picking up after himself and grooming himself with just a little help. 
When he woke up from his nap he saw his Buzz Lightyear costume hanging in his closet so he wanted to put it on. 
...but he didn't want me to take his picture.
Natalie swaddled up during her nap
After he finally decided to take the costume off, we went outside to play. Natalie laid in her rock n play the whole time just smiling and enjoying being outside.

Happy girl!

Bryan came home and we ate dinner outside, which we haven't done in a long time! We gave both kids their bath and then he had to head to his other job. 
I've got Maddox down for the night and I think I'm going to use this time to catch up on some bible reading. 

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment