Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I Made It

There are some days where I get to the end of the day and lay down and think "I made it". Some days just feel like I've been through a battle and today was one of those days. I think I ran out all my energy in the first five weeks of Natalie's life and now the postpartum fatigue is kicking in. Natalie sleeps so well so I know it's not because of lack of sleep. Today I just had no energy and it seems my patience level is very low when I have no energy so I tried to keep that in mind when I felt like I was getting frustrated. Little situations can seem like a big deal if you don't stay on top of your emotions when your overly tired.

We had some good moments though of playing, snuggling up in the big chair, and silly dancing. We made it to bed time with no major meltdowns so I count it a success. Natalie on the other hand is having her own little meltdown. I'm not sure if it's tummy trouble or if she is fighting sleep (she's figured out at a very young age how to fight sleep!). I am currently walking around with her and she's wrapped up in swaddle blanket. Hopefully I can get her in a deep enough sleep that we can go lay down. 

Needless to say I didn't get any pictures today, but tomorrow's a new day and we can start fresh! I've been clinging to these verses all day: "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

I'll leave you with another cute Maddox throwback!



-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment