Monday, October 6, 2014

Craft Day

Today started out really sunny and fairly warm, but by mid-day cooled down alot and came a massive rain. It looked like a monsoon outside as much as the wind was blowing. Thankfully I remembered my towels I had on the line right before it started raining!

During Maddox's nap today I got ready some activities for him to do. He's always wanting me to sit and play with him, so I thought I'd shake it up a bit and do something different.


For the pumpkin activity I just googled "small pumpkins printable" and these pumpkins came up. I cut them out and colored the stem of each one a different color. The idea was for Maddox to color each one a different color, but he decided to make them multicolored which was fine too. After he colored them I stuck some folded tape to the back and let him stick them wherever he wanted on the paper. For the apple tree activity, I cut out a tree shape from brown and green construction paper. Then, I googled "small apples printable" and found those apples. I cut them out and then let him color them red (which you could do yellow or green too). I placed folded tape on the back of those and let him put them on the tree. We counted the ten apples on the tree! Maddox does really well with structured activities like that. I'll have to start planning more.
Maddox's Art Gallery (in progress)

I saw the idea on Pinterest to make an "art gallery" for your kids' work. As I've mentioned before I love to hang up thing that Maddox paints or colors, so I made a little place to hang his crafts on display. I just used some twine and clothes pins and a couple nails to hold up the line. The funny thing was Bryan had taken the hammer with him for one of his real estate signs, so I used a fairly big rock to hammer the nails in. I felt like a caveman! It worked really well though!

Bryan had his first closing on a house today, which is exciting. I'm hoping soon he can get enough closings that he can only work one job and we'll be able to spend the evenings and Saturdays together.

We are ending the day watching Charlotte's Web before bed. No big plans for tomorrow, so hopefully I can come up with some more activities for Maddox to add to his gallery!
Sleeping Beauty :)
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment