Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Potty Training Day 3

Big Brother helping sissy with her pacifier!
We have moved up to 30 minute increments between potty breaks! We only had one accident and it was my fault. I turned the timer of and then got distracted before we made it to the bathroom. I think I have changed my mind on nap time and night time training for now though because he is still waking up really wet. If he just wears two diapers a day that will drastically cut down on my diaper laundry. I'm going to continue tomorrow with 30 minute reminders, but I am going to let him tell me when he needs to go instead of making him go. If it turns out to be a total disaster I'll go back to taking him every 30 minutes.

He had a bit of a rough behavior day today. We stayed out pretty late at my mom's house last night so I don't think either one of us were well rested this morning (although Natalie slept from 11pm-6:30am!). I thought if I could just make it to nap time we would all feel better after a nap. The nap did help him out a bit, but I think I felt more tired when I woke up. He did good until around 6pm when he started to get sleepy. Things started to head down fast, so I had to get creative to keep us both positive. We had a silly dance party, which got us both laughing and back in better spirits. 
He wanted me to take his picture in his Woody PJs

On a side note: I signed up for the Disney Movie Club, which seems like it is going to be a good deal. I got Maddox 7 movies for $26 and the catch is I have to purchase 4 more movies at regular price ($19.95) within the next 2 years. Not a bad deal at all especially considering the 7 movies I got are all movies I was looking to buy right now for him anyway. I got him  Toy Story 1,2, & 3, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Planes, and Cars. I can't wait to see the look on his face when all his favorite movies come in the mail! 
Chunky Cheeks
Now I'm off to bed early so I won't be dragging tomorrow!

How did you tackle nap/night time potty training? 

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment