Saturday, October 11, 2014

Home Bodies

Another rainy day here, so we stayed home all day. I was hoping to go to the farmers market and library today, but I didn't want to take the kids out in the cold rain. We have been such home bodies lately that I'm sure Maddox is starting to go stir crazy. I tried to get caught up on my laundry. I actually got 3 loads done today! 

After Maddox's nap, we did some more fall activities.

I found this scarecrow coloring/cut out page. I helped him color it and then I made him a little shirt and pants. Maddox then taped the head, hands, and feet on. 
Finished product
Then we made a big candy corn. I just printed off a color page of a candy corn and cut up little pieces of orange, yellow, and white construction paper to glue on. 
Candy corn template
Maddox liked sticking the little pieces on.
His gallery is growing!
After our crafts, I had one of my friends stop by for a visit. I love having visitors! It seems to break up the monotony of the day. We usually talk on the phone everyday, but since Natalie has been born I haven't been able to call as often so I think she was starting to worry about me haha I reassured her I was adjusting well, but I hadn't got in the complete swing of things yet. She has three children so she knows it takes a while to get back in that swing. She doesn't live far from me so I hope to start having weekly play dates with all of our kids. 

Bryan came home and none of us were real hungry for dinner so I made one of Maddox's favorites, homemade cheese sticks with marinara. Now we are all winding down for bed and getting ready for our usual busy Sunday tomorrow! 

-Hannah 


No comments:

Post a Comment