Sunday, October 19, 2014

No Naps

Today was our normal hurried Sunday morning. I have seen time and time again the advice to get out the door in time for church is to lay everything out at night to save time in the morning. Hopefully one day I will actually apply that. I woke up later than I wanted to so I was already semi-panicking, but I decided panicking wasn't going to help the situation. I decided to save time by not washing my hair and just curling it and planning what I was going to wear in my head while I was doing my make up. I also had an extra step in my Sunday morning routine because I was planning a pot roast for dinner, so I had to brown the meat a bit and chop the vegetables to go in it and get that started so it could cook while we were gone. We were only a few minutes late getting there and nobody had any major meltdowns so I consider it a success. When we got home our pot roast wasn't quite down, so we grilled hot dogs for lunch. By this time it was almost 2pm and Maddox still hadn't had a nap and it was showing. He was having toddler meltdowns all over the place. I put him down for his nap, but he never did go to sleep. That makes two days in a row he has went without a nap and I hope he is not making a habit out of it.

After he came out of his room from his "nap", we ate our pot roast which turned out sooo good. I am not a good cook at all, so every time I cook something new and it turns out good I am pleased. I finally got a little time this afternoon to get the house back to reset mode, which for me is just having everything picked up and sweeping. I haven't been able to do that all week and I have no idea why. The past few weeks I haven't had a problem with cleaning. 

I didn't get any pictures today although I said I was going to do better about that, but I did get a screenshot of the cute but funny picture Maddox colored on his Disney Creativity app on the IPad. We rarely let him play on the IPad, but he was being really quiet so I went in to see what he was doing and this is what he was making! :)
It looks like he tried to write his name in the upper right hand corner
even though he has no idea how to write his name.
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment