Friday, October 17, 2014

Respect

Sorry this post is going to be short because I have had a really fussy baby today that has wanted to be held constantly. I'm finally getting five minutes to myself so I thought I'd share it with you. :)
A topic that's been on my mind lately is respect. You look around our society today and not many children or adults for that matter have respect for their elders, their parents, or even anybody. I love watching Leave It To Beaver because kids in those days respected their parents and elders. That is what I want for my children especially for my boys. There is nothing that makes a man more attractive to a woman than one who is respectful especially to his mother. 
I read a great article today that said if you want your children to learn respect you have demonstrate it first which is so obvious but most of us don't apply it. It says to look your children in the eye and get on their level when they are talking so that it teaches them how to listen respectfully. On an episode of Leave It To Beaver I was watching today Beaver pulled out the chair for his mother at dinner. I thought you never see that anymore. I want to teach Maddox and any future boys I may have how to be respectful and courteous to me so they will know how to treat a potential wife one day. I want to start being intentional about training Maddox now so that being respectful becomes part of his character rather than waiting until it becomes a problem. 

It all starts with me and Bryan as with anything in parenting. Dr. Charles Stanley says kids are going to do what you do not necessarily what you say. 

Just thought I'd share what's been on my mind instead of a daily update, but if your wondering another normal day except with some fussiness, but I survived and tomorrow's a new day!:)
I leave you with a cute Natalie picture since I obviously did not get any pictures today. 
Surprised Face 


-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment