Saturday, May 10, 2014

A New Routine

I had the intentions of running some errands today, but considering most places close at 12 on Saturdays that just did not happen. We ( as in Maddox and I) ended up having a "day of rest", but I still kept up with my daily chores(sweeping, a load or two of laundry, making the bed, etc.)  I've realized that if I let those things go even for one day they get overwhelming by the next day. I also did a little more studying on FlyLady.net of her methods for keeping up with housework. I've been doing really good at keeping up with the day to day cleaning and keeping the house maintainable, but my detail cleaning schedule tends to come and go. So, today I did Fly Lady's first step of shining your sink. It sounds odd, but it is one thing I have always overlooked in detail cleaning. She then suggests after basically scrubbing every crease of it with a toothbrush to dry it out after every use and clean it with Windex every night to keep it always shiny. So, now that my sink is all shiny, I have the motivation to keep it that way! I also did her suggestion of 15 minutes a day of declutter. The first area of our house that came to mind was our "junk drawer", so within 15 minutes that cluttered drawer became nice and organized. It's amazing how just those two small touches I made to our house today has made me feel productive. I wish I had taken some before pictures of the sink and drawer, but here are some after pictures!
Shiny Sink!

Clutter Free Drawer!
Bryan has been working like crazy the past couple weeks, so it has been an odd feeling for me because alot of days I'm with Maddox by myself the whole time he is awake. I am so thankful he has the desire to be the "breadwinner" and provide for our family, but I'll be thankful when things slow down a bit again so I don't feel like a single parent some days!

Tomorrow, I will be taking Maddox to church by myself for the first time in a while due to Bryan working all day tomorrow too. So, I am taking Fly Lady's suggestion of laying out our clothes the night before and I will probably go ahead and pack Maddox's bag too. I'm hoping to making tomorrow as easy on myself as possible!

Do you keep up with your housework on your own or do you follow a cleaning schedule??

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment