Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bright, Sunny Day!

Today has just been a beautiful day! It was in the 80's and sunny all day. I love days like these so much that I like to think the Lord made this day just for me! hehe We had another "normal" day of babysitting and staying home all day doing our regular routine. 

Today was our first day of trying our new prefolds with covers and so far so good. They are much more absorbent than microfiber inserts in pocket diapers. I have noticed a little rash break out today. I'm not sure if that is common with prefolds or if it's from the orange juice I gave him this morning. I've noticed when I give him orange juice he tends to get a diaper rash. We use some pure African shea butter for rashes and it works wonders! 

Maddox sporting his new Thirsties duo wrap in Hoot :)
During Maddox's nap, I had the chance to organize and clean out our kitchen cabinets. After going to the store yesterday everything was still sitting on the counter because our cabinets were so cluttered! I focused on getting as much healthy, organic foods as I could yesterday, which could be why I went so over budget! I go through phase where I want to eat healthy, organic, and homemade foods and then I'll get tired of cooking 3 meals a day everyday and I go back to processed, "quick" foods. I usually stay within our grocery budget when I stay out of the junk food aisles, but i think yesterday I bought enough food to last for 3 weeks instead of just 2 (at least I hope!). I feel so much better when we are eating healthy, but it does take more meal planning, cooking, and prepping.
Non-homogenized whole milk from a rather local creamery in a glass bottle! They sell this at our Kroger.

For dinner, I tried out something new for us, but really simple. We had beef tips with onion and peppers. I just threw it all in the skillet and it took no time at all! As I was eating it I was thinking it would probably be good wrapped in a tortilla like a fajita too.


We are ending the day with some chocolate chip cookies and more playtime before bed (for Maddox at least). These are the days I hate to see end because they truly feel like special treats to me after going through a very long, cold winter!

What healthy/ all natural switches have you been making in your life?

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment