Monday, May 5, 2014

One Tired Mommy

Today seemed to be the never ending day. There are some days that fly by, but today was not one of them. It started off a normal day, wake up, breakfast, and then the little boy a babysit a few days a week arrives. My changing table arrived today from Amazon! Too bad it was too heavy to carry in the door or I would already have that thing put together!  

The box it is in! It has caution tape on it warning that its over 70 lbs!

Maddox took his normal 2 hour nap as I anxiously awaited the mail man for some cloth diaper mail. Maddox woke up and my package finally arrived. I had ordered a dozen unbleached prefolds in Maddox's size and two thirsties duo wraps size 2 and some Bummis fleece liners. Well sure enough they sent me the bleached prefolds which bummed me out for a second until God showed up right on time with the verse from Luke 12 of isn't life more than what clothes you wear? After that verse came to mind I totally put it to rest and went and started prepping them. This will be the first time I've used prefolds and covers so I'm pretty excited about trying something new! 


He was determined to lock me "in"!
Then, the day went on and Little Man's mom came and picked him up and I had the bright idea that Maddox and I would go to the library and then grocery shopping. By this time it is 6pm and usually Maddox is in bed by 7:30pm. Why I thought taking a sleepy toddler to the grocery store I have no idea!?! But, he enjoyed the library. We picked out some potty training books to take home and then headed to the store. 
Picking out some books at the library!
He was so determined to eat everything in the cart and say "Hi" and "Bye" to everyone we passed by. It was so cute! We made it through and went way over budget because I think at the end I just started throwing a bunch of stuff in the cart trying to hurry.  I was so exhausted when I got home and got Maddox in bed! Going to the grocery store is hard work. I think that's why I put it off so long!

Now I am going to head off to bed and do it all over again tomorrow (minus the grocery shopping)! 

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

What are your thoughts or experiences using prefolds and covers on a toddler? Are they better than pocket diapers with microfiber inserts? 

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment