Saturday, May 3, 2014

Time To Catch Up



I have MIA for a while now, but that is no longer! I have really taken this time to organize my life better, simplify what needed to be simplified, and most importantly draw closer to the Lord. I am going to take a new direction with this blog and use it more as a personal daily diary. Just posting what went on that day, how the Lord used me and the lessons He taught me throughout the day to hopefully be an encouragement to other mamas with young children out there who like me need someone to say "You are not alone!". Also, this will be a great scrapbook so to speak for me to look back on.

As for an update: Maddox is now 19 months old (just 2 days shy of being 20 months old) and I am 23 weeks pregnant with a precious baby girl, Natalie Rose! We are so excited to be adding a little miss to our family and it is killing me not to go out and buy a bunch of clothes for her! Girl clothes are so much harder to resist!
Here is a list of what I have bought so far though:
-Cloth Diapers: I didn't start cloth diapering Maddox until he was 6 months old so we just went straight for the OS pocket diapers. Now I am having to learn a different way to cloth diaper because OS diapers don't fit all that great until the baby is 10-12lbs or so. I have decided to go with 1 dozen Green Mountain Diaper and 1 dozen Diaper Rite Newborn prefolds and Thirsties xsmall and size 1 duo wrap covers. I've also bought 2 Econobum OS covers for later on. I also went ahead and bought the next size up of Diaper Rite prefolds because they were on sale and they have worked great as inserts in Maddox's pocket diapers! I also bought some Snappis for the prefolds. I also got a free Kawaii OS pocket diaper on kellyscloset.com for spending $49+.


-2 Outfits: I had to buy a couple cute outfits at Ross the other day that weren't very expensive. I wanted to get the "buying clothes" thing out of my system just a little so I wouldn't go crazy buying stuff. I am really trying to hold off to see what she gets at the baby showers because I know she will get a lot of clothes!
-Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets: I have heard nothing but praise come from people who use these blankets, so I wanted to give them a try for myself!
{source}
-Changing Table/Pad: I never used a changing table with Maddox because a lot of people told me they were useless, but there were many times when Maddox was a baby I wished I had one. Plus, the dresser I bought has to big drawers underneath and we definitely need more clothes storage space because she and Maddox will be sharing a room for a while.
{source}

-Double Stroller: I got this at a consignment sale for $48!
-Swing: I sold Maddox's because I didn't like it and he didn't either, so I am hoping this one works better.
-Bouncy Seat: I never had one with Maddox either for whatever reason??
-Bumbo: See above haha

For today's agenda we started off with a good breakfast, then headed to the mall only to buy nothing except food! haha Later today we will go to a gospel singing that our church is sponsoring. We are taking Maddox along with us so who knows how much singing we will actually get to hear, but it will be fun I'm sure!

What are some things you bought with your first that you found to be useless & what did you buy differently the second time around?

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment