Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Toddler Teething

Today was an early morning for me. My mom was having an outpatient surgery done today and we had to be there at 6am. I am not an early morning person at all. I am doing good to be up by 7:45 everyday sometimes later if I can! Bryan stayed home with Maddox while we went and I got back just as Maddox was going down for his nap which gave me the chance to take a nap too! Bryan had warned me that Maddox had been pretty fussy while I was gone and that did not change once he woke up from his nap. I thought maybe he just needs to get out of the house for a bit so after Bryan left for work, we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream and then played outside some.
Chasing his truck around

One of my pregnancy cravings..Oreo Blizzard!
Around 5, he said he wanted to take a bath, which he usually says that when he is sleepy because he knows usually after a bath we go to bed. So, I let him take a bath and tried to hold him off from going to sleep til at least 6:30 (his normal bedtime is about 7:30). As I was taking him to brush his teeth, I noticed his head felt warm. I took his temperature and sure enough it was 100.1. I had been thinking he had symptoms of teething again like drooling and red cheeks, but I think it was full blown teething today. The only teeth left to come in besides his 2 year molars is his canine teeth, so I guess those guys will be popping through soon! I gave him a little tylenol and put him to bed after 6:30 and he told me "night, night" and went right to sleep. He always sleeps more when he is teething too.

Here is a list of his usual teething symptoms:
-Fussiness
-Pulling at his ears
-Blotchy, red cheeks
-Drooling
-Sleeps more
-Lack of appetite
-Sometimes low grade fever
-Sometimes diarrhea

On a positive note though, he used the big boy potty for the first time today!! We have been sitting him on the potty just to get him used to being on it for months now, but for the first time today he actually used it! Hopefully, we are breaking some ground now!
Our flowers are starting to bloom around our house!
What are your baby's normal teething symptoms and how do you remedy them?

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment