Sunday, May 25, 2014

Maddox's Favorite Toys

These are some toys Maddox (now 20 months) has been loving these days!

-A Mickey Mouse doodle pad. It has the little magnetic pen to draw with so I love that I don't have to worry about him eating crayons or drawing all over himself or the walls with a pen or marker. He is really getting into coloring and this is a perfect mess free toy for that. It also has a little book attached to the bottom that teaches you how to draw different little things.

This was a consignment sale find for $2!


-Monkey Stuffed Animal. I think his "official" name is Mr.Bim. He was my mom's when she was a child and then my sister and I both played with him. I looked up a little info on him to get his "official" name and these monkeys were made in the 1950's, but my mom was a child in the 60's and 70's so I am not sure how she got him, but I'm curious now to get a back story on him. Maddox loves the fact you can put a banana in his mouth. He carries him around and calls him "baby" (which is what he calls every stuffed animal). 
His little shirt is a newborn shirt from a hospital my mom used to work at.
-Monkey Color Train. This little set I found at a consignment sale for around $2 too! It is so cute and colorful and is great for teaching coloring and number matching. It is made by Marvel Education Company. I tried to find a link where you could purchase it, but I don't think they sell them anymore. The little train carts velcro together and are numbered 1-5. The little monkeys are also numbered 1-5 on their shirts, so the red monkey has a number 1 on his shirt, etc. Maddox is a little too young to match by the numbers, but he is learning very quickly how to put the red monkey in the red train cart and the blue monkey in the blue train cart, etc!
He also is loving his Melissa & Doug Rainbow Stacker and his shape sorter which are great manipulative toys!

What toys is your toddler loving??

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment