Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Today was a busy day! I woke up to a wonderful homemade breakfast (cracker barrel to go ;)) along with a card and some flowers!  Then we got ready for church and Maddox and I headed off while Bryan had to stay behind to go to work. Going to church with a toddler by yourself is something you have to really prepare yourself for before you get there because it is not going to be easy, but it is totally doable and worth the effort.

The message was great and just what I needed to hear. On Saturdays, I always watch Dr. Charles Stanley's messages on TV and both he and my pastor preached on the same story of Timothy and how he turned out to be such a good Christian because of the godly influence of his mother and grandmother.  I think when God gives you the same message from two different people he is really trying to tell you something.  I think God is really speaking to me about making sure I not only teach my children to be have godly character, but to show them godly character all the time. We can tell our kids to do one thing over and over, but they are going to do as we do. I dont want to be a parent that says "do as I say, not as I do" . I don't want my children to look back and say I was hypocritical about anything.

After church, Maddox and I went to mom's to give her her mother's day present.  I also had to go to work so she was going to watch him until Bryan got off work. So, I headed off to work and I am just now home to sleep! It had been a very tiring day, but a wonderful mother's day! I am so thankful for my 2 babies (I am 24 weeks today!) and my own mom who had always sacrificed everything for her kids!

Hope you all have had a great Mothers Day too!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment